The health of their children is a top priority for parents in the Tampa, Cape Coral, and Naples areas, and that’s why having a good relationship with your child’s pediatrician is important. From well-child check-ups to children’s immunizations to flu shots, these healthcare providers are there when parents need them.
Today in the Port Charlotte Children’s Health Blog, we want to give you a look into some of the issues facing pediatricians, especially those issues that they may have difficulty discussing with parents.
1. A cold is a cold is a cold, even if they call it something different. There are lots of names for the common cold, like “viral rhinosinusitis” or “purulent rhinitis”. They might sound fancy, but if your kids has it, it really just means they have a cold. Many pediatricians use these terms so parents don’t feel like their being sent away from the office with an overly-simple diagnosis.
2. Old wives’ tales and internet health sites are no substitutes for professional medical advice! There are many rumors that have no scientific basis, but some patients insist on bringing their child in because an older member of the family noticed something (think green snot or ear tugging). Also, while the internet is filled with great information, it is also teeming with sensationalized and nonscientific sites that can be downright dangerous. Pediatricians just want parents to be safe and well-informed when choosing how to treat their child.
3. Fevers are scary, but for children over 3 months old, there is no magic number where a fever becomes dangerous. However, accompanying symptoms like lethargy, rash, or inconsolable crying are cause for concern.
4. Scheduling is not an exact science. No one likes to camp out in the waiting room, but, once in a while, a patient requires a little extra care, and this can throw the schedule off for the day. However, one day that patient may be your child, and you’ll want that schedule-ruining extra care as well.
My name is Charlene Fiorini-Maresca and I want to help Sarasota families to raise healthy, happy kids. Issues such as proper nutrition for children and childhood obesity are often on my mind. I am the owner of a direct sales Sarasota area home business that sells Xobiotic.
If you are interested in learning more, visit my web site at http://www.floridachocoholic.com or call me at 941-391-0150.
Xoçai Distributor Charlene Fiorini-Maresca
Port Charlotte, Florida 33948
Xoçai Meal Replacement Cookie
The following website was used as source material for this blog:
http://www.parents.com/health/doctors/top-10-confessions-of-a-pediatrician/?page=1, accessed on August 15, 2013
Join Me Today!
I’m Adam Green, and I am creating a new team of serious leaders at Rain International, one of the fastest growing direct marketing companies in the world. We sell industry-leading seed-based nutrition products for an active lifestyle in Port Charlotte, Tampa, Cape Coral, and Naples. I am seeking experienced network marketing leaders in the Sarasota area.
If you are an experienced network marketing leader, please call me today: 801.809.7766
The URL for my personal Sarasota Rain International web page in Port Charlotte, Florida 33948 is http://adampaulgreen.com.
Ask Me About Joining Rain International
- Click Here to visit my Official Rain Website
- Click Here to shop Rain Retail
- Click Here to become a Preferred Customer
- Click Here to Join My Rain Team Right Now
Join my Fast Growing Team at Rain International, where we are focused on revolutionary seed-based nutrition products for a sustainable, healthy, active lifestyle.
Call Me: Adam Green at 801.809.7766 for more Info.
Rain is the world leader in seed-based nutrition, a revolutionary new active lifestyle supplement that delivers unprecedented nutrition in concentrated amounts from seeds.
Seed nutrition is not only one of the most sustainable sources of food energy on the planet, it also supports a uniquely active lifestyle for athletes, active adults, and people constantly on the go. Click the phone icon below to call me right now…